For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Monday, June 12, 2017

A Familiar Face


Waking of Wednesday, March 29, 2017 ~ 4



The girl slowed to a walk.
I doubted another Yiga would venture this close to civilized folk, and I spoke to her.
Her name was Leekah, and she thanked me for my help on the road. She even said she felt less anxious with me around, and I thanked her; that felt good.
Once I had seen her safely into the glow of the Woodland Stable, I turned back to the tall, bobbing figure across the road.
I ran to meet him.
SHALAKA?? he exclaimed at the sight of me. He was happy to see me, and I to see him. ^_^
What is “shalaka”? Just some snatch of Korok-ese, I imagine. Either that or he just likes to scat. He does sing a bit when he works his magic on my carrying capacity. In fact he sings a very recognizable little tune every time that just makes me grin and tickles me no end....
Before, when he had allowed me to carry two more weapons, he had done a little dance with his special maracas, and it had ended with a little bang like a cheap firecracker and a small shower of scarlet confetti.
It was quite adorable, really. :3
But this time, as I asked him to allow me to carry more bows, he did his dance, but the confetti came out green.
Oh, I thought, perhaps it’s some kind of evolution his character goes through throughout the course of the game. Do his upgrades become more powerful or something?
But then I asked for more shields, and the confetti turned blue!
Why! Those were the Triforce colors! Red for Power, Green for Courage, and Blue for Wisdom.
And I pondered.... Yes, those two weapons.... the weapons in general.... those were definitely a symbol of Power.... employed to inflict your force upon those you deem fit to slay. That was Red.
And the shields.... Protection. Cover and safekeeping. Giving yourself a safe space. You can’t do anything in there, but it buys you time.... time to formulate.... time to think.... A bubble of relative calm and quiet. That could be the Blue of Wisdom perhaps....?
But what about Courage and the bows?
That sounds like a band.... formed by skull kids maybe.... a very juvenile boy band, yes....
*COUGH* What about Courage and the bows?
Well it’s definitely a weaker weapon than the forceful blades you could be using.... Huh but.... archery kind of like sniping.... while hiding....
Well that seems rather cowardly, doesn’t it? :(
But it’s not like I hide every time I use a bow....
Maybe just the thought of it being a weaker weapon.... but still a weapon nonetheless. It can’t rely on great overwhelming force and you can’t use a shield while you hold it, but it can still do something. That’s got to take some of the Green of Courage, hasn’t it?

It was a bow that quieted Vah Ruta.

....
Maybe I did use to be a great archer.
Mister Hestu allowed me a few more trades this time. They got more expensive per carrying-type as they went on, but I had plenty of Korok seeds.
But after a time, he looked up with a jolt, and said he thought he might remember his way back home after all! (He’d been a bit lost, you see.) He also said something about his father or grandfather might be waiting for him.... I do wonder if I’ll ever find his home, or meet his family....
We parted ways, and I turned toward the little pond by the stable.
There was a shrine there, and I had come a long way.
The pounding rain finally let up as I passed a sodden open-air dining area or deck of some kind, and I made my way beneath a high cliff, along a narrow bank toward the shrine.
Two stalizalfos popped out of the ground and I slashed them both to bits, killing one with my blade, and taking the other’s skull-head and punting it into the water, which felt AMAZING.
And in I went, into the shrine of Mirro Shaz.
I said it was SIMPLE, I never said it was easy!” – The Witch of the Walls, Legend of Zelda cartoon
I think I must always have had some kind of soft spot for Bob Forward....
I broke a few weapons, hounding after the prizes of Mirro Shaz, the tricksy devil.... That very last hidden one was an arduous exercise in math, science, physics and athletic precision. And patience. At one point, wanting to go faster and hitting the wrong button too soon, I caught the wrong end of Ja Baij’s gift point blank and blew myself across the room.
Have I mentioned yet how beautiful the animation is of Link sent flying?
He looks like what a person would look like, as the poor guy rolls to a dazed and dizzied stop.
Very lovely. Very fluid.
Very painful. -__-;
Weapons shattered, numbers mounted in my skull, hearts were lost, but it was worth it, getting that final chest behind the last barred door.
I wonder what Purah would make of a Giant Ancient Core.

It wasn’t until later that I wondered what the stable folk might have thought of me as I jabbered away to the empty rain.... since most people can’t see Koroks it seems. I’d forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment