For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Friday, June 2, 2017

Divine Beast Vah Ruta


Waking of Saturday, March 18, 2017 ~ 10



“You’re here....”
It was the voice of Lady Mipha. In my mind as I stood on the platform on Vah Ruta’s side.
She instructed me on where to go, what runestone could give me a map of this place, and told me of the terminals I would need to activate to restore proper control.
I was cautious.
As I ever am, I suppose.
There was a little ramp that led upward into the interior, and one of the first things I saw.... was an eyeball. Yellow and cruel, roving around under a black lid.
Well. I’d played enough Zelda games to know that that was just begging for an arrow in the peeper!
I shot it, and it shriveled and died and poof-sploded and evaporated, taking with it a large.... measure of.... some kind of substance: dark, some of it pooled and bubbled on the ground in thick puddles, and some of it jutted up in curved and hardened horns like barriers. Black shot with evil magenta. Slimy. Glutinous.
Getting rid of it gave me a better view of the large internal space within the Divine Beast. I scanned the room carefully, and saw only one other obstacle: a three-legged Guardian Scout on the other side of the room. I’d faced a few of those in my sojourns into the shrines.
I needed in this room and there was no more point to sneaking around. It was time to be brave. I charged it directly and hacked it to bits.
And the room was mine.
Now for a look about this place.... But what unsettlement was this. The air was thick with bits of floating darkness like embers and ash, and the floor smoked and dripped upward with unholy shadows.
It felt as if.... it were infected with a Blood Moon sickness.... All inside it. Vah Ruta.
But nothing ever resurrected. There were no monsters in here. Just that dark, static substance with its creepy little eyeballs.
Some pools of it had no eyeballs but simply stood here and there alone, some with horns, some without. I prodded one such pool with my boot....
It stung and hurt me—I pulled back out of it—
What was this stuff? What had Ganon done to the Divine Beast?
The eyeball mutations were scattered all over, inside and out, and I went to it with my bow. Sickening abominations....
But then I came to the Big Room.
I was.... hesitant to enter that place.
I know what Big Rooms hold within them.
It was a long, slow walk down the middle of that floor to the Sheikah pedestal on the other side.
Nothing happened.
And when I reached the pedestal.... nothing happened then either. I still needed to activate the terminals before this panel would work for me.
Huh.
Well, it was a long, slow walk back along the middle of the floor and up the ramp into the first chamber. I suppose this Big Room would give me a proper welcome in due course. In the meantime I had some searching to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment