For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Thursday, May 4, 2017

An Encounter with SATAN


Waking of Tuesday, March 7, 2017 ~ 6



There were inordinate numbers of bokoblins near the road as I came closer to Hateno Village. Some of them were even attacking people off in the woods. I could see the dizzy stars circling their poor beat-up heads as the bokoblins wailed away at them with their clubs and sticks....
But when the bokoblins saw me, they left off and came my way, becoming my problem instead. But red bokoblins were easy enough to deal with; they rarely gave me trouble anymore.
But I did not dare go near those people now running about the woods, no doubt looking for their savior, or running to get caught somewhere else....
It stank of hero-bait to me.
I done did my good deed, and I didn’t need a kiss on the cheek for it.
I went into the village.
A little boy asked me if I wanted to see what he found.
I’d seen this kid before. He’d asked the same thing before, but then run off in an unexpected direction and I had lost him completely.
“Sure,” I said, and followed him closely this time.
He brought me down a little path around a high bank of earth, to a dark statue, hunched with its knees beneath its chin, and with horns sprouting from its forehead.
The boy said it looked just like the one in the Chief’s house.
I.... looked at it.
It might have been an artistic-license take on the Goddess Hylia.... after all, that one in Kakariko had looked very different from the one in the Temple of Time....
The option came to Pray. So I prayed.
The tiny cinematic heavenly light came.... but after only an instant it turned dark, purplish and foul, like an evil cloud circling the statue’s base.
“Ah, so there are still some who pay me homage,” came a disembodied voice.
“You can talk!?” I said.
“Why yes.... you can hear me?”
“....Yes.”
“Now, that is interesting....”
The statue asked me what I was praying for. Long life? Wealth? Like the rest of my kind? This entity—whether male or female I did not know—used to deal in such.... dealings.... until the Goddess Hylia, displeased with its conduct, had trapped it in this statue.
It started talking about.... began to suggest making some kind of bargain with me....
Another cinematic ensued.
It cut to Link. He looked at the statue. Furrowed his brow and narrowed his eyes shrewdly, cautiously.... began to react to something.... something that looked bad....
And everything went black.
And silent.

SRP claims it was some kind of a tripped breaker that caused the power outage in my neighborhood, but....
I’m pretty sure it was, in fact, the satanic statue of Hateno Village.
Oh, I did not envy whatever man they sent to sort it all out....

No comments:

Post a Comment