For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Friday, May 5, 2017

Oh Snap

Waking of Thursday, March 9, 2017


Well, I’d given the wood bundles to Bolson.
Now I just needed to come up with a hot three thousand rupees.
It wasn’t like they grew on trees....
I decided I had spent enough time cooling off. It was time to familiarize myself with Hateno.
I found the man, Seldon, whom the man at the gate had told me would be happy to give me a tour—and boy was he ever! He ran around showing me things until he had puffed himself right out.
I also did a good deed for one Koyin, a young lady whose sheep were being hustled by the monsters that kept coming up from Hateno Beach.
So I went down there and gave ‘em what for and came back and told Koyin about it, and she gave me some milk in return. That’ll be good in some stew later, I am sure.
There were other people I’d wanted to get to know better, or who wanted to get to know me better, but.... on a bright, slightly drippy morning, I decided to finally pay the Ancient Tech Lab a visit. This was where Impa had said I could meet her mentor.
It was.... a funny place.
A little girl named Purah told me the Director was in the back, so I went to talk to this big man named Symin.... but he addressed the little girl Purah as the Director!
“Check it!” Purah shouted at me, and struck.... a kind of pose with fancy fingers.
She apparently thought it was very amusing to play a tiny trick on me, but, well.... Whatever.
Purah was odd. She also said she recognized me—but how could that be? She didn’t look older than twelve or thirteen. She said there was a reason for that, some kind of accident I gather, and that the details were contained in her diary upstairs—which she admonished me not to go looking at!
Not that I could find a way “upstairs”; there was only one ladder in the room, up against the wall, and it didn’t go anywhere. It was all one big room from what I could tell.
Her mannerisms were obnoxious, but she seemed eager to help me repair my Sheikah Slate to full functionality. But in talking with me she kept taking furtive little notes on my behavior, like I was some kind of lab animal!
And after a little fetchquest to start up the furnace powering a Sheikah Pedestal she had, she kept trying to tease some kind of cheer or shout out of me. “Snap!” she wanted me to say.
I don’t think she was very impressed by my offerings.
It felt.... childish. Didn’t we have important work to do?
I wonder what had happened to this Purah character, what had made her like this.
And she told me she had brought me to the Resurrection Chamber, after Calamity Ganon had fatally wounded me.
Did she look or act like this then?
Some part of me hoped not.
Somehow it seemed.... well....
Less heroic.

Hey, a man has his pride.
Even a dying one.

I gave her three of the ancient screws I had salvaged off the old dead Guardians, and she used them in her repairs. Now the Sheikah Slate has a built-in Pictobox feature, and the sensor can now be modified to search for other objects or substances. Neat! And what’s more, images I capture with the pictobox can be identified and expounded upon in a built-in Compendium. Very handy!
If I bring her different parts, she’ll be able to upgrade my Stasis capacity.... and my Bombing capacity.
Ja Baij would be so pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment