For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Hateno Village


Waking of Saturday, MARCH FOURTH, 2017 ~ 16



Much of the end of the road was taken at a gallop; Hateno Village could not come soon enough, but come it did, under the dreary downpour. It was a weary end to a long journey.
Tired and wet, I rode straight through the village proper, walking Brown slow beneath me, sufficed only to glance numbly about as we moved. There were so many people, so many buildings to inspect and see what they could offer me—
But there was a shrine here, and, wrung out by the long road, I wanted to stick first to the essentials.

The Myahm Agana Apparatus gave me absolute fits.

I came out of the shrine in a higher part of the village where it was less crowded. A signpost stood nearby.
It advertised Bolson Construction homes, with an invitation to look at their model homes.
I turned to my left.
They were IKEA houses.
That put a tired little eye-rolling grin on my face.
I went inside one of them.
Unbelievable.
These were definitely IKEA houses.
My gosh.
Across a small bridge over a grassy little ravine, there was a nicer, more traditional-looking house.
As I drew closer I saw a man hammering away at one corner of it.
His name was Karson and he told me this house had been abandoned for some time, and that he and his fellows were demolishing it.
I went around back and found Mr. Bolson himself. He told me much the same thing; the empty house needed to make way for more of his live-inable lunchboxes.
The option arose to say.... “I’ll buy it.”
What the hey! I thought.
“I’ll buy it.”
50,000 rupees he said.
Now, rupees were scarce here. I hadn’t even seen so much as one blessed green one until after I had left West Necluda!
“Impossible,” I said.
“All right look....” he said again, and he offered to slash the price to 3,000 rupees IF I could also bring him thirty bundles of wood. Building materials, you know, he said.
So I said I’d do it.
And we parted ways.
I did speak to the third and last man first, though, and his name was Hudson. He told me I looked pretty strong, and that maybe I could work for Mr. Bolson too. But when he found out my name was Link, he said that was too bad, and they couldn’t take me on anyway. When I asked him why not, he said Mr. Bolson only hires people whose names end in “-son”.
“‘Builds team unity,’ he says,” said Hudson.

No comments:

Post a Comment