For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Korok Guides


Waking of Monday, July 3, 2017 ~ 2


I was ready to charge north toward the low grassy lands by the sea. But first I met a man heading for the Goddess statue. His name was Stamm, and he was a traveling chef. “They say hunger makes the best sauce. Or is it love?” he said. “But then what does that make us but hungry chefs or fools in love?” he added.
I didn’t buy any of his food, but I sold him a bunch of my monster parts. That kicked me over ten thousand rupees!
And then I got distracted by a Korok. It was hiding on the natural bridge to the Goddess statue, and grabbing it was dastardly difficult! But grab it I did, almost down on the complete underside of the red, red stone.
And then I got distracted by a rock.
It was actually the top of a ruin, just over the hill, on the east side by the sea. A dreadfully fast Korok lived there, and it was tough work catching it! The Impossibly Fast Ruins Puzzle.
And then I got distracted by another Korok.
I chased this third one all the way down the slope and nearly to the seaside before I caught it in some ruins.
And then I got distracted by an ORB.
There was a sign next to it. It seemed.... if I carried this orb all the way out to the end of Rist Peninsula.... it sounded like.... Why it sounded like a shrine might just appear!
I looked up. The base, the root of the Rist Peninsula seemed to be just off the grass where these ruins stood. And out into the bay the peninsula stretched and swirled in on itself like a giant, sandy tendril. And as I scoped in on its far distant tip in the center.... I could indeed see a waiting pedestal.
The peninsula looked a lot bigger from here near the beach. ._.
I considered: the journey was probably fraught with all manner of nasties, no doubt designed to slow me down, to delay. Would it be worth it to run through the peninsula first, and clean them all out? It would take time.... and there was no telling when the next Blood Moon was.... All that work could be for naught. Would there be a time limit to this....?
Ah just blow it, I thought, and picked up the orb and went for it.
There was no time limit—it seemed more like an epic trek than anything else; the outer swirl of the peninsula was so huge, enemies wouldn’t even populate until we were at most.... mmmm forty-five degrees away from each other I’d say.
There were moblins on the sand, lizalfos in the sea, octoroks keeping them company, and occasionally some mounted bokoblins. I bombed, I brawled, I Stasised, and I dodged. And picked up a few crabs along the way....
I remember near the center, tired of cutting my way through, I huffed it past some baddies just to get further down the spiral with the heavy orb held over my head while a great dark moblin lumbered after me, keeping pace quite close on my heels! We both stopped at the same time, I to finally deal with him, and he.... I’m not sure why. Had he reached the limit of his territory? Did an octorok accidentally pelt him?
I never knew and he never said, and I cut him down.
At the rainy end of a very long walk, I finally came to the pedestal in the center, and set down my burden—and up rumbled a shrine. The Ritaag Zumo Shrine.
And there it was that I entered my first non-puzzle, non-combat shrine, and received a Spirit Orb without any further obstruction: Ritaag Zumo’s Blessing.
Or had Kass’s shrines held Blessings in them?
No I think this was my first one. The Into The Vortex Shrine Quest. I had already proven myself by getting the orb to its pedestal, and so the monk gave me his Spirit Orb freely.
Cool.
Okay.... thanks for bringing me here, Koroks.

No comments:

Post a Comment