For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Measure of Creation


Waking of Friday, August 3, 2018 ~ 3


That light—it was definitely a fallen star. If I could just get to where it was in time....
I ran along the high southern bank, rushing for a better view.... There! It was in the wetlands. A warp to the shrine there, a dash through the shallow water.... and it was mine.
Yes!
I looked about me. It had been a while since I’d visited the wetlands. And I was still short on Lizalfos tails....
I hunted them as the day was long.
[Masks are SO handy!]
Still, the element of surprise could only help me so much when it was a Silver Lizalfos. For there were silver ones now, and they were exceptionally strong.
But one good thing I noticed was that these new silver ones were much more willing to part with their tails upon defeat! Excellent. And so I very slowly began to regain my supply....

I was using the Master Sword more and more. And it wasn’t always pristine, and sometimes its power faded completely, and I had to let it rest and breathe.
But I was using it.
I was letting it fulfill its purpose.
And that was all right.

When I couldn’t find any more Lizalfos to fight, I turned once again to the loose Guardian Stalker, donning my double-upgraded Ancient Armor on the approach....
And when I killed it this time.... I wasn’t sure if it was just me, or if it was my armor’s Ancient Proficiency perk at play.... but it seemed that the defeated Guardian dropped more ancient parts than usual. Including a core!
I wonder.... Is that what the Ancient Proficiency did?
I continued to wander all over the wetlands, finding a few more Lizalfos sequestered here and there, scaring up more Koroks, and discovering that the giant water buffalo grazing around were most definitively unrideable. I took a few hits from the great brutes in my close-quarter attempts, but that didn’t keep me down for long. I was bolder than I had been before. Very much so. In my brazen meanderings I even killed the red Hinox before its music could even start up. David remarked on this with an incredulous scoff, and I kept my cool like a boss.

I also began to put into practice one more secret the Master Sword held. Actually I don’t think I would ever have discovered it had the loading screen not mentioned it in passing.
I don’t often throw my weapons, see.
But if you used the same button that would throw any other weapon, with the Master Sword in your hand.... and if you happened to have full hearts and health....
Well, I suppose the result would just stand to reason! for anybody familiar with the Zelda Universe. For myself it was only a surprise until I thought about it for a moment.
I stood at full power, and swung my sword, swung the Master Sword as if to throw it.... and out shot a swirling blue-white bolt of my own! 8D
How far it could travel before disippating depended on how many hearts I had.
But DANG! XD
It was so awesome to fire lasers.
At one point, employing the projected energy to break open ore deposits, I thought I had solved the problem of ever damaging another hammer again. But even without making physical contact, using the laser still sapped the sword’s strength.
I had run it clean out of energy twice now....
Huh.
Well that mechanic never came up in previous games.

Ah well.

When the wetlands were quite empty I decided to take a break on the Hinox’s island, and take a few pictographs of my various weapons for the Compendium.
The Master Sword wasn’t the only thing running out of juice; I puttered around a little further, cleaned out a little cave I found of some treasure....
Hm, perhaps the controller battery was feeling a bit lowly, too.

I took a break.

I went to the fridge and took out the very last bit of Mary’s cake that I had reserved for myself and no one else—it had been my birthday after all.
I had a seat at the table with a nice glass of milk.... and ate the Triforce.

It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment