For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Monday, February 25, 2019

Clean Up Your Room and Go To Bed, Hero


Waking of Friday, November 16, 2018 ~ 2


From the Maka Rah Shrine....
Tera. I went to Tera.
I had two Naydra hornshards now.... I could have upgraded my Champion’s Tunic.... if I wanted.
....
I DID. I UPGRADED THE CHAMPION’S TUNIC, and finding myself in possession of further required materials I KEPT UPGRADING UNTIL IT WAS AT ITS MAXIMUM LEVEL, WITH 32 DEFENSE! MORE THAN TWICE WHAT IT HAD BEEN AT BEFORE. AND I UPGRADED THE HYLIAN CLOTHES. AND THE ZORA AMOR. AND THE ANCIENT ARMOR SINCE I HAD SIXTEEN CORES NOW. AND THE DESERT VOE GEAR. AND THE ANCIENT ARMOR AGAIN BECAUSE ON THE NEXT AND FINAL UPGRADE EACH PIECE REQUIRED A STAR FRAGMENT AND TWO GIANT ANCIENT CORES. And well.... I just happened to have SEVEN GIANT ANCIENT CORES ON ME. And if I hadn’t been saving them for this.... then what?
UPGRADE ALL THE THINGS.
AND EVERYTHING HAD BEEN CAST TO THE BACK OF MY INVENTORY.
AND ALL MY FAVORITE CLOTHES WERE OFF THE FIRST PAGE.
AND EVERYTHING WAS OUT OF ORDER AND WOULD TAKE FOREVER TO MANEUVER BACK TO EVEN SOME SEMBLANCE OF ITS FORMER STRUCTURE BY FAIRY-ENHANCEMENTS ALONE.
IT WAS ALL OUT OF ORDER.
AND THEN.
I SORTED MY CLOSET.
SORTED SORTED. And it was done now. Couldn’t undo it.
It was done.
And that was all right.

Hoo. Andrea: 1, OCD: 0.

I went to Kakariko to test my maxed-out Guardian Armor, but stopped to talk to Impa on the way. I tried to get that orb in her house again, but no, not yet, she still wasn’t having it.
What happens when you bring it to the pedestal up the hill?
Hhhhh.
I guessed I wouldn’t find out today.
So out the back I went, onto the Sahasra Slope; and a sharp left turn and a hug along the cliffs brought me as always to my favorite monster to milk: the Pit Guardian.
Once I’d attracted its attention, and the terrifying Piano began ripping up the sky above my head in a panic.... I stood my ground, and waited. Facing it.
I let it hit me full on once, in my Ancient Armor. And the hit took off.... five or six hearts.
I’d seen Lynels take off more than that in a single hit.
Well that was cool! :D
My curiosity sated, I killed it.
And it gave me a Giant Ancient Core back. Part of the Ancient Proficiency perk? Maybe.
Ah, life was good.
Shortly thereafter I was distracted by a star fragment that fell into the central plains. I went to get it and came back via the Dueling Peaks Tower. I killed the other two Guardians near the Pit—and the freakin’ stalcreatures were out and making life difficult—but DANG the sound my glowing sword made when it killed was like THUNDER.
RESOUNDING.
POWERFUL.
MY GOSH.
Feeling brash and bold and amazingly confident in my armor and with my parrying skills and wielding the Master Sword, I worked my way back infield and onto the plains. I was going to go to the ranch! To see what was there.... Maybe another horse! Maybe another special horse!
I forgot the Guardians and whatever paltry bother they posed! I was comin’ up bold as brass! I killed the Guardians that spotted me! AND dodged those freakin’ pesky mounted Bokoblins!
That one Big Yigaman posed some problems; I was fighting with him when I again heard the Guardian music! I killed him quickly, and then faced the mechanical menace. It was hard and I took some blasts to the face, but I got him in the end....
NOW to the ranch....
But oh, wait.... my controller was in the red.
....
I could have used the Pro Controller.... David favors that one, and I’ve used it a few times.... like whenever my battery’s run low.... But.... Hm, maybe not against Guardians yet....
I set the WiiU Controller in its cradle, and.... dozed.... on the couch. It was late. But I didn’t wanna let it sit for more than an hour, or it would turn off.... dozed.... dozed....
And I SNIFFED AND SAT UP OH I WAS TIRED.
Ugh
I couldn’t do the ranch right now.
I warped to Pepp’s. Slept and saved it. Went to bed.
That was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment