For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Friday, August 24, 2018

Firefooted Flight


Waking of Tuesday, June 5, 2018 ~ 2


Hateno Tower was fabulously tall. And it overlooked that stretch of road where I had met Teli.
Actually.... it overlooked a lot of things, and I had to play marker games on my map and through my scope before I was able to locate the miniscule strip of beige between a tiny cliff and a pinprick lake that I was looking for.
But the distance wasn’t too great for my paraglider.
I swooped in, shed some leftover altitude and perched on a great big spire of stone beside the small lake. I felt like some bird of prey as I scanned the little valley.... and there was Teli on the path, just making his way into the bottleneck preceding the Cliffs of Quince to the west....
I swooped down to catch him before he could get too far, and found that he was carrying different wares this time, but no cores.
Hmmm.
I warped back to Hateno Tower and tried this approach a few times. The results were variable, but.... it seemed a bit of patience was in order....
In the meantime I warped back to Dueling Peaks. Maybe I was thinking again of going to the desert. Maybe I was just continuing to look for ways to waste time. I don’t really remember, because the latter won out, and was then therefore free to rewrite the history of my inner battles as it saw fit.... had I had any.
I decided, after a very long time of avoiding it, to once again take on Rensa in his horse-taming challenge—the same challenge that had brought my beloved Brown to me, if you recall—or rather, that had left the brown horse standing stark in the field, caught between the wild and the domestic, which I had then decided out of a sense of duty to take on and care for as my own.
You know I do not like to attempt to take a horse out of the wild lightly.
My efforts this time would have to be perfect.... Or close enough to it.
Rensa started the clock and I was off. Sprinting into the fields I quickly found a small herd grazing.... I was wearing my Stealth Suit for an extra edge, but as I neared the herd, I really wondered how much good it would do me. I didn’t have to worry about making a sound, even at high speed—But not every horse would turn its gaze away at the same time, and so I found myself pinned in a crouch afterall.
Some horses trotted away, but I was able to come close behind one handsome red one....
And on I jumped, and soothed it to a huffing standstill before urging it back toward the stable!
I would make it this time.... I would make it....
And I did. With twenty or thirty seconds to spare, no less. Out of two minutes. Not bad.
And Rensa rewarded me with a fifty-rupee purse.
Cool.
But I did not register the horse.
Instead, I rode him all the way to Gerudo Canyon, admiring his form from all angles as he picked up the road and followed it. He was a handsome beast: red body, white socks and muzzle, fiery mane and tail....
I woulda called him Firefoot.
But I didn’t.
I sold him to a man named Zyle, for three hundred rupees.
I had met Zyle many, many moons previously, in Gerudo Canyon. He was stranded halfway from anywhere in a little alcove against the canyon wall, just waiting for someone who would be willing to sell him a good, strong mount....
As the one who had tamed it and ridden it so far already, I felt a certain amount of responsibility toward the fiery steed. It was hard to hand him over.... But....
Zyle would take good care of him.
After the exchange, Zyle thanked me for my help, and started walking his new horse toward the Gerudo Canyon Stable.
I walked with him.
Ah what fine screens of the two of us traveling and glancing as though in friendly conversation on the long and dusty road.... I wished I could still save screenshots.
I had thought to see what would happen if I walked all the way to the stable with Zyle, but.... well, the NPCs, they just move so slowly....
I’m afraid I became impatient, and got a little ahead of myself running circles around my companions, and in my haste.... I lost them.
Once they fell out of proximity, the game depopulated them.

Hhhhh.

Well....

I continued on foot to the Gerudo Canyon Stable, arriving there just after midday, the one or two o’clock hour, and.... I slept until the evening.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I always feel so bad for my horses because I never ride. Like at all. I just climb things and paraglide to get everywhere. Once I get my switch back I'll have to go do that quest and see what he does so I can tell you, lol.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you may be interested to know i finally got my switch back! I immeditaly went and got the meteor rod, which is indeed epic, and then did the quest from this post I mentioned in my previous comment. He just walks slowly back towards the stable, though he does stop for a bit at that area where it was full of rocks. I had to shove one towards him to get them to move. After that he just goes to the stable and stands by the area where the horses feed. He disappeared when I went around to talk to another guy for a second though. I kinda wish I had waited around until night to see if he did anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well howdy! Ha, computer woes. Also phone woes. But hey we do what we can. :)

      Lol I'm sure you've already gleaned my attitude towards horses.... I'm too scared to put them in danger, so most of the time I just leave them boarded up! XD

      Congratulations on getting your Switch back! ^_^ OH MY GOSH you got that terrifyingly destructive weapon. XD Yeah how do you like that little piece of the unholy inferno? XD

      Aw, and you are so kind to follow Zyle aaaaall the way along that long road. Especially with how slow the NPCs move!

      Ha, and now I think it's been long enough.... I'ma post an entry.... maybe more than one if I get real excited....

      Thanks and cheers! ^_^

      Delete