For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

A Monstrous Interlude


Waking of Friday, February 8, 2019 ~ 2



Tarrey Town had really boomed in the short time it’d been around.
This sidequest was probably more dramatic to witness if you just bought the Hateno House early on like David did.
This was his favorite sidequest, David said.
It certainly did seem like a good one. ^_^

The now resident old man, Moggs, said the people who lived in the house across from him fought night after night; he could hear it. So I went to investigate.... and found that it was the home of Hagie and Ruli.
So Hagie was Ruli’s husband.
After the sun went down I went around to the back of their house and eavesdropped via a conveniently open window. It seemed they only addressed each other as Mama and Papa, which I thought was adorable....
But just like Moggs had said, they then started going at it pretty noisily.
They were worried about their daughter, who only ate cake. But, said Papa, no cake would please her, even though they had scoured the world for one that would. “Think how much money we’ve spent!” he said, “What will we do? How can we cure her?”
Mama said, “Even if I have to sell my soul to a monster I’ll find the cake that will cure our daughter!”
I see.... I smirked to myself.
Hm, okay, time to find the wok....
And I found one, and started throwing together the ingredients I thought seemed likely. Egg, butter, cane sugar, wheat.... and Monster Extract.
I cooked, and the food did its little dance and Link sang his little song, and....
....
MONSTER CAKE?
I just made a Monster Cake.
This was what happened when you added Monster Extract to something?
Its description read: “It’s said that once you have a taste of this cake, you’ll never forget its sweetness.”
What the heck....
Well, let’s see what it does....
It was still night, but I went back to their house and gave it to them right away; they said they would wake her up and try to get her to eat it.
The screen blacked out.
And when it faded back in it was morning. I still stood outside Hagie and Ruli’s house, so I went inside.... and Hunnie was running around! She was on her feet with so much energy!
“Hi!” she said to me, “Ever hear of a monster cake?”
“A monster what-nows?” I asked. Oh my gosh that was adorable.... XD
“Mama bought one for me! It was really gross!”
Oh was it now? XD
Hunnie went on to say that as soon as she ate it, she was full of energy again! And then sprinted past me right out the door.
Cute kid. XD
Ruli thanked me profusely, gave me 300 rupees for my trouble, and asked if maybe I could talk to Hunnie now and again.
Awwww I love being the Friendly Neighborhood Hylian. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment