For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Monday, January 6, 2020

The Princess is a Nerd


Waking of Monday, March 18, 2019



Looking for Shrines.
Bottom of Lake Totori. Nope. Just a lot of swimming and Stamina games. And dripping through the air shafts.
The Devil’s Own Highway, via Moza’s.... enchanting abode. Nope. Just some Koroks and coyotes.
Purifier Lake. Killed the Hinox and the Lynel. Rusty Shield finally gave out in a blaze of glory.
Nope.
The eastern skirts of the volcano. Found some ruins, the Shadow Hamlet Ruins.... But nope.
The northeastern shore of the mainland. Nope.
There was....
....
I needed a Korok Leaf....
Warped to the forest and picked one off the ground. Finally spoke to one Kula the Korok, who wanted to see an Ice Rod. Heh, another Nebb....
I was busy.
Boating around Lomei Labyrinth Island. Nope.
Almost drowned when the wind blew away my boat after I swam to the border. But there was ground to stand on at the island.
No shrines.... where are there more shrines....
Tried a bit around the northeastern Central Plains. Nope.
The northern skirts of the Gerudo Highlands, as far west as I could go. Nope.
The eastern edge of that bowl of jungle-forest on the way to the Spring of Courage. Nope.
Hateno.
....Cooked more meals. That Lynel was brutal.
Bed.
Sleep.
Good night.




Just kidding.
Came back late when everyone else had gone toward bed. To bed.
Checked out Strock Lake. Very strange winds. Lots of treasure, a few Koroks, butt-tons of Lizalfos and a heckton of trouble. But no shrines. Nope.
Checked out the western edges of the Central Plains. Nope.
Hem and haw. Shilly Shally.
....
I shall.
I warped to the shrine near Serenne. And.... I moved toward the memory.
Uh.
There was a memory near there, just to the south and east a bit. A memory by a tree on a grassy hill, with the back side of the Castle in the distance. I’d seen it before. Even stood in it. Why did I never mention it before? How disgusted I am with myself as a journaler....
Maybe it was when I was looking for Mei. That run all the way across the Elma Knolls....
I did not rely too heavily on my map, but decided to go by sight in the midst of the thunderstorm. Stalgoons came out to waylay me, but I am a quick-change artist.
The first batch I left behind.
The second batch popped out right before I could get to the tree. Ugh. I did not want to wear down my weapons dealing with them, but I didn’t want to view the memory with them hanging around either. They all three told me their life stories for like three or four hours....
Dawn take you all and be stone to you,” I urged them under my breath.
And at five in the morning.... they did.
The Memory....

Zelda and I sat near the tree on a beautiful sunny day, Zelda taking pictographs of all the flowers she could find. We were just sitting. The flowers were so lovely....
“The flowers of Hyrule aren’t just beautiful,” she says, “But they are also incredibly useful.” She expounded on their various properties and their uses as herbs and ingredients.
And then.... she stopped, seeming to slow down and breathe as her eyes softened.
“This one here...”
And then I saw it.
“This one is called the silent princess. It’s a rare, endangered species. Despite all our efforts, we’re not yet able to grow them domestically.”
She stroked it so lovingly. I felt suddenly guilty for picking every single one I could get my mitts on....
“The princess thrives out here, in the wild.”
Her eyes still looked at it.... though they looked at a thousand things more that I couldn’t see.
Does she now.
“The best we can hope is that it continues to grow strongly out here in the wild.”
I looked over her shoulder at the flower.... before with an excited little yelp the princess lunged forward on her hands and knees like a child.
“Oh I can’t believe I’ve caught one! Look at this!” She turned back to me with her hands cupped in front of her. “Ta-da!” She opened them.
A green frog chirruped and puffed and wriggled in her palms.
“They say that ingesting this specimen can actually enhance certain attributes!” Her eyes became more focused than I’d ever seen them before; he speech quickened; it all seemed to come flooding out of her.
Oh . . . I breathed out a single, hard little sigh in the shape of a smile.
I could see now.
There you are, I thought.
The princess.... was a nerd.
“And we wouldn’t be in a controlled environment out here, but with your excellent physical condition,” she kept coming closer, “you would make the perfect candidate to test this theory!”
And closer!
“Go on!” she urged excitedly, thrusting the frog into my face as it hopped up from her palms!
“Taste it!”
I backed up.... gasping in.... hesitation for I dare not say disgust here why oh gosh she’s the princess....

Oh my gosh.... the princess.... is a NERD. X-)
After coming back to myself I took a portrait. Several portraits. Then culled. Narrowed. Until I was satisfied.
In flicking through my albums, I saw that the pictograph of Windblight Ganon.... it had four.... protrutions out the back, like Revali’s four braids.... and I felt.... sick....
Enough.
HATENO.
HOUSE.
BED.
It was 11:something in the morning. Slept ‘til noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment