For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Sunday, May 31, 2020

More Loose Ends


Evening of Sunday, April 14, 2019


I was in my Hateno House.
....
I didn’t even remember what I was doing.
So I decided to wrap up the sidequests.
First.... Kula’s Ice Rod. That Korok who was like another Nebb. He wanted to see an Ice Rod....
I searched Hebra, and had no luck, just a lot of Blizzrobes. Wrong rod. I searched the Gerudo Highlands, and found another Blizzrobe.... no good.... but then—!! There was an Ice Wizzrobe! That one had what I needed!
I killed it, and took its Ice Rod. I also tried for the swooping Farosh, but he took off before I could shoot him.
Well, if I’d chased two rabbits, both would’ve escaped.
I got what I came for.
I warped to see Kula in the Korok Forest, and showed him the Ice Rod.
He gave me a hundred rupees.
Cool.
Next.... Dugby’s Stick. Dugby that little Goron kid who was always hanging out in the hot springs near the Bridge of Eldin. He’d hidden something, probably a weapon, somewhere near there. And he said I could keep it if I found it....
I warped to the shrine near the Bridge of Eldin and started poking around.... hahhh, as I’d poked around many times before. Where was this thing? Dugby said it was between the hot springs and the Bridge of Eldin, but I’d never yet been able to find any hidden special schticks!
I just kept my eyes peeled for butterflies in the meanwhile.
At length I got up on top of that stretch that overhangs the railtrack, and wandered back to the far side of it, and—
ROOOOOCKS?
They were hidden around the back of a big upjutting protrusion of the red volcanic stone. A big grey clump of what was decidedly the explodable variety!
How long had these been here?
I blew it up.
In the hollow behind lay a Drillshaft. Heh, hadn’t seen one of those in a while. I took it back to Dugby.
He was amazed. Yeah he thought he’d heard a loud noise, he said.... XD
Well, I found it, so he’d let me keep it.
Cool.
I’d also found three Smotherwing Butterflies while I was there. That was enough for the Flamebreaker Armor, plus one for to keep in my pocket. Who was the closest Fairy?
Mija.
I warped.
Oh, but I needed Hinox guts for the Flamebreaker Armor as well, and.... I was short one. Dang.
But I could upgrade either the Soldier’s Armor or the Barbarian Armor. I’d run out of Naydra Horn if I did the Barbarian, BUT.... I did have enough Lynel Guts for it. Finally.
But which to choose....
Naydra Horn....
....
I chose the Soldier’s Armor. Got it up to 84 Defense! Sweet.
Next.... Shrines.
I just went to Kakariko. Checked those woods. That pedestal. Back up on the hill in Cotera’s Forest. There MUST be a shrine there. And there MUST be a Shrine at the Eldin Great Skeleton.... but how....?
I chased Naydra’s tail as I climbed further up into the mountains, but.... he gone.
Went back to the village.
Visited Impa. Didn’t save.

Reload.

One more memory, and that’s in the castle.
Ain’t got time for that, bro.
Pepp’s and bed.
GOOD NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment