For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Before The Storm

Afternoon of Sunday, May 5, 2019


Before The Storm


As I stand in the field....


The Piano plays The Legend of Zelda theme, small at first, delicately....


A muffled:


“...


Link...


Link.


You have recovered all of your memories

of us from 100 years ago...”


Her voice sounds.... weary. A weary kind of relief.


“I am here...inside Hyrule Castle.


It is now time for you to defeat Ganon.”


And the Piano stretching across many octaves resounds the last refrain.... as I clench my firsts and set my brow against the storm to come.


I am ready.


*


Lost Memories – Complete


*


WHERE IS THE LAST SHRINE?


I searched all around Nirvata Lake, suspicious of that line of three trees up on the cliff above the waterfall. Nothing.

I CLEANED OUT the Deplian Badlands, killing three Lynels along the way, but found no shrines there either. (That first Lynel didn’t even land a hit on me. Noice.) I did find some Koroks though. That Korok circle back by the east Lynel.... I had to kill the Lynel to get the rock for the circle. Well, to get it safely at least.

And west into the Drenan Highlands was the third Lynel. Forgot it was there; I hadn’t left a stamp for it.

Killed it. In the rain. With Shock Arrows. I had rather a lot of those. They come in handy.

I went east to west across the entire Deplian Badlands. And then some into the foothills. But couldn’t find any shrines, or any explodable rockfaces.

Got a few pieces of Dinraal, though.

And I was getting better at killing Lynels.

Hm, how about the Eastern Reservoir Lake? Vah Naboris had blocked a shrine when it was running wild; maybe Vah Ruta had done so, too....

Mm, but I didn’t explore the reservoir too deeply.... I drifted into the Domain proper and....

Well, it was my bedtime.

For once.

I was short on sleep the previous night. I did need it tonight. Had some goob shadowing me the next day about Top-Up, in which I just was not an expert.

Oh well.

No new words of wisdom from Prince Sidon or King Dorephan.

But lots of familiar faces I hadn’t visited with in ages.... Rivan, Dunma, Torfeau; Tula, Toma and Laruta, the Prince Sidon Fan Club.... little Tumbo and Keye running around the square.... Tumbo more full of energy, Keye more.... low key. And he said he hoped, if anything ever happened to them again, that I would be around to help again, aww.... ^_^ .... Mei.... Ledo.... good old Bazz. Was it Tula’s or Toma’s older brother Cleff who ran the inn? No, some other shop. I love that name....

And Cleff had married.... Kodah, who 100 years ago had asked me to choose between Mipha and her.

She apologized for doing that.

She still calls me Linny.

Went to the Seabed Inn, It was 3:something in the afternoon.

I slept on a regular bed until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment