For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Under The Sentinel Sun


Waking of Friday, January 19, 2018


In the morning I bought all of Shailu’s arrows—normal, Fire, Ice, Shock, and Bomb. The Bomb Arrow was.... expectedly more expensive, though expecting it did little to soften the deal.
And then Shailu was out of stock.
She’d only had one of each.
....
So outside, I bought all of Beedle’s arrows.
I still was not giving him my Energetic Rhino Beetle, though.
After this I explored a part of the bazaar I had not gotten to before—the part that first made me recognize the place as holding one of my memories. I’d seen it from way, way far away on the backside of the Gerudo Highlands, long, long before:
The large, characteristically bulbous rock formation jutting high above the inn, draped on all sides with rugs on ropes so that it almost resembled a hot air balloon.
It was easy enough to find the couple of ladders that led up to the top. But when I got there.... nothing was there.
That was strange, I thought. David had seemed so full of anticipation for when I climbed up there.
Then again it wouldn’t be the first time we gave each other puzzled looks over game happenings or non-happenings that didn’t line up between our separate playthroughs.
Seems the event programmers rather did the thing properly in this open world....
With nothing left to do in town and daylight starting to burn, I set out for Gerudo Town to the southwest.
But not far from the oasis, I started to pant and sigh—it was too hot.
So I put on my Flamebreaker Armor.
It didn’t help.
What? :c
I ran back toward the cool shade of the bazaar—Why didn’t my Flamebreaker Armor help? It could withstand the heat of the volcano. It could keep me from spontaneously combusting! Couldn’t it do anything to insulate me from the desert heat?
Or did it perhaps act like an oven instead?
Ughh....
On the way back to the bazaar I struck up a conversation with a Gerudo who was running in my same direction. Kyra was her name.
“Okay... it’s a voe. You can do this. Remember your training,” she muttered under her breath.
Oh my gosh what. X-)
She then launched into a romantic introduction outlining how she was going out into the world searching for her dreams. “You’re a part of my dreams, aren’t you?” she asked with a cute, girlish bounce in her posture.
The available responses made me laugh:
“You’re my dream girl!”
. . . . or . . . .
“Just a guy takin’ a walk.”
XD
Eh in the end I decided I didn’t want to lead her on. “Just a guy takin’ a walk,” I said, and she immediately dropped her girlish air like a sack of potatoes.
“If that’s the case then there’s no more point talking to you,” she deadpanned with all the tenderness of a cactus.
Dang.
I guess.... she had good training at least. She had seemed like such an eager young n00b....
Why didn’t my Flamebreaker Armor work?
I guessed I would need to make some cooling elixirs for myself. Or only travel at night.
At the bazaar I found some other people to talk to, including one Robsten, who said his caravan leader had gone to Gerudo Town to negotiate entry, but had not come back yet.
Hmmm....
Another young man standing on a little scaffold behind one of the piles of goods said he was watching the sandstorm around the Gerudo Highlands, waiting for it to clear, so he could go for the treasure it concealed....
Hmmmm....
Huh!
I tried running back toward the mountain. Maybe that would be different—
Nope. Too hot that way, too.
I was stuck.
Well, not really. But I didn’t want to warp away; there were no shrines nearby.
Hmm.
I made a cooling elixir. But....
Well I’ve never been one for elixirs.
I decided to wait for nightfall.
In the meantime I spoke to Kyra again, wondering if she had anything different to say. She didn’t, and I was once again “Just a guy takin’ a walk”, and once again dismissed just as coldly.
It was an interesting hobble, being held captive by the desert sun. And nothing I could don would form a permanent solution against it!
Well, I guess it does make sense.
And I would know.
But when the sun finally began to sink and the desert began to cool off I ran out for Gerudo Town, wearing my Lizalfos Mask, just in case.
I once again met Kyra running the other way.
“You again?” she said, “I’m on my personal journey of learning and discovery so it would be great if you could not disrupt it.” She paused. “Unless... Do you think you’re part of my destiny? My dream life?” Or some such words.
Eh, third time’s the charm. Just to see what would happen, I answered with a big hearty “You’re my dream girl!”
Kyra straightened up at once and said, “My vaba always said nothing’s so shady as a voe who talks about dream this and dream that. I guess she was right.”

OUCH. XD

I felt kind of pathetic in the Lizalfos Mask.
Why are Gerudo so tall....?
“Run along, voe. I’m busy,” she said, and left.

Wow.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Carrying on.

No comments:

Post a Comment