For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Friday, August 17, 2018

Necluda's Backyard


Waking of Saturday, June 2, 2018 ~ 3


I didn’t have enough cores on me to get the Ancient Greaves from Cherry. But with twenty-three gears.... I was able to have Cotera upgrade my Ancient Helm and Ancient Cuirass.
Funny how I could just blow them all like that. I guess when terror and difficulty no longer affect the value by creating rarity and scarcity.... Hrm, then again with a more ready supply for my demand maybe I could even make a little cash on the side....
But I never really studied economics.
I needed to get to the desert, but I only warped to Dueling Peaks. I don’t know what it is—sometimes I just like to take my journeys in smaller steps.
However this does make it easier to get distracted. After learning from Hino that there would be no blood moon tonight, I went inside the stable and spoke to a couple of guys I hadn’t interacted with in a long time, but whose facial animations I just really enjoyed: Domidak and Prissen, twins I think, brothers at least, stood in the back of the stable musing on some mysterious clue they had heard regarding the hidden treasure of one Misko.
I remembered. They would tell me the clue if I paid them a hundred rupees. When I’d talked to them the last time, which was also the first time, I blew them off right away! I didn’t have money to just throw around!
Well, now I did. I paid their silly price and they told me the clue, something about the little twin over the little river, and that the treasure was at that river’s source....?
A glance at the map told me all I needed to know: the Big Twin and Little Twin Bridges were just a stone’s cast south of the stable.
One sizeable climb up a waterfall later and I had found Misko’s treasure: a few fine ore samples, and no shortage of rupees.
Nice.
As long as I was so high up I decided to have a little look around, and kept climbing the mountain. The peak didn’t seem too far distant, and I was betting I’d find a Korok at least—which I did.
I also found that I was a little bit off my charted map.
I did not know the name of this mountain, but it certainly offered me some great views, particularly of the red plateaus beyond Faron Woods. I could even see a Blue-Maned Lynel prowling around the top of one broad butte, roaring in the rain. I Stasised him for kicks before marking his location on my map; I’d have to be careful when I ventured out that way—
AND THEN OF A SUDDEN FAROSH CAME FLOATING UP OUT OF A SMALL LAKE. I watched him arc smoothly into the air to swoop low over the watery valley between the red buttes.... and then descend into another small lake on the other side.
And then after a while, he flew the same graceful path in reverse. Heh. It made me think of something playful, jumping from puddle to puddle, only greatly slowed for its enormous scale.
And then after a time, he emerged from one of the lakes, and took to the sky.
David had never seen him do this before. But I had.
We watched him for his whole, long, slow flight, up into his vortex of cloud far away above the distant sea....
I only guessed it was above the water for the marker I stuck to his tail just as he was disappearing; it showed up on my map pretty far to the south....
David enjoyed the rare sight anyway. :)
But now.... I really did want to be on my way toward the desert.
I’d thought about seeing if I could paraglide all the way back to the stable from the heights above the waterfall, but David suggested I go straight down and keep to the cliff’s edge along the river on my way out. There wasn’t even a bank down there that I could see.... But, trusting in his tidbit, I performed one of the more thrilling HALO-jumps I’d ever done and pulled up on my paraglider just short of smattering all over the large stone at the waterfall’s base.
Link’s got good arms.
I waded downstream until I came to a little stretch of explodable wall! This I removed with a Bomb I let float down the current toward it, and when I came round to see what lay beyond the opening, I was shocked to discover.... a Shrine!
And then I remembered my Sheikah Sensor had still been tuned to detect Hearty Bass.
Heh. Silly me.
I switched my Sensor back to detecting Shrines, and then stepped inside this one, the Toto Sah Shrine. There were Apparatuses inside. Uh, Apparati?
At any rate it was a most engaging challenge. And when I was done I combed the little woods nearby to see what I had placed stamps there for—I was rather at the limit of how many stamps I could place on my map, and wanted to get rid of what I could.
I found the treasure box I had marked, but I could not make sense of why I had placed a leaf stamp nearby. I removed it anyway.
Aside from that, the only other interesting thing I found was a Stalnox lying facedown under the sunshine. I decided I didn’t want to hang around for when that thing woke up, and so made my way back to the Dueling Peaks Stable via the adjoining Valley of Terror.
I find myself no more struck with incapacitating fear in the face of Guardians.
I can handle them.
When I finally got back to the stable, and told Domidak and Prissen that I had found Misko’s treasure.... they didn’t believe me.
Eh, that was okay.
I’d gained back more rupees than I had paid them for the clue.
I rode Brown all the way to the desert with only a few more stops along the way—grabbed a Moblin Club to show Nebb in Hateno.... almost rode right by an embattled Mils and Mina.... but turned around to make sure they were all right anyway.... And they were.
It rained a lot.
Eventually and on the last legs of my battery, I made it to the Gerudo Canyon Stable, where I saved, and quit.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! With the secret from Domidak and Prissen I remember I did that back when I was first reached this stable. It was quite the impressive haul for a newbie back then, including my first fire sword. It seems silly looking back how I clung to that thing, now I have half a dozen spots with elemental weapons marked on my map. I also remember the bear in that area that gave me my first game over, I tried to fight a bear with a sword. It wasn't a great plan. Then I tried to hide in a tree and wait for it to leave. It didn't leave but it was an easy range to shoot with an arrow then lol. That little lake is where I usually go for Farosh hunting, since when I first found the area I was really ticked because they kept popping up to electrocute me when I was just trying to explore the area and find a shrine. I actually hate that valley more now then I did in the beginning of the game :( oh well. I look forward to seeing what you'll be up to in the desert. Also in personal news the repaid place for Nintendo finally got my switch! If I'm lucky I might have it back by the end of the month, presuming they fix it quickly, which since the issue is in their frequent issues section of the help page hopefully they will.
    Best wishes! And good luck with getting the rest of the ancient armor! I think cores are supposed to be one of the hardest things to get since they mostly appear in chests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, it was easy now, but back when I first started? Pfft, I totally blew them off. XD And I'd heard things about bears from David! So I've always avoided them like the plague! Well, except for that entry a little bit ago, lol.
      Oh my! I'm gonna have to go explore that valley a bit more, see what it's like in there.... I have a feeling I might already know, just from some things I've heard here and there, but.... Well, we'll see. :)
      That is awesome progress to hear regarding your Switch! ^_^ I hope everything goes smoothly for it! That's good that it's a frequent issue, at least---they'll have the practiced hands for it. :)
      And YAH those dang cores.... certainly one of the rarer items I've ever seen to be sure!
      Thanks again! ^_^

      Delete