For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Brazen Peacock


Waking of Saturday, January 5, 2019 ~ 5


How fitting. He would take the top of the five-hundredth page.

The Divine Beast hovered massively up in the sky. I could see it from where I stood on the Painted Landing. Alone.
But a RUSH over the railing, a howling whirlwind straight up into the sky, and Revali came up from below, stalling out at the top with a careless flourish before dropping perfectly onto the rail, gripping it surley beneath his avian toes.
“Impressive, I know,” he crooned. That rapier voice.
He spoke smoothly of how few could achieve a mastery of the sky. But with his artful technique he was able to create a powerful updraft that allowed him to soar up into the heavens—“A superior and masterful skill, even among the Rito.” Or some such words. He lovingly admired his handsome, blue-grey wings.
“Now then,” he said, hopping lightly down onto the landing, “pardon me for being so blunt, but let’s not forget the fact that I am the most skilled archer of all the Rito.”
He was almost.... circling me.
“And yet, I have only been tapped to merely assist you, just because of that darkness-sealing sword on your back.” The rapier twisted a bit. “It’s just... asinine.”
I drew my head back where I sat on the couch.
Whoa.
With his skill, he said, he didn’t see why we couldn’t easily dispense with Ganon.
“Of course we could just settle this one-on-one,” he leaned in close to say. “But where? Hmm...” He cast about in grand mockery. “Oh, I know, how about up there!” And he threw one wing toward the Divine Beast as sunlight glinted off its bronzebeigy form in the brilliant day.
“Oh, but you must pardon me!” The rapier glinted in razored jolity.... before plunging once more into my forehead. “I forgot you have no way of reaching that Divine Beast on your own.”
And with a spread of his wings, he thrust up into the sky, that updraft of his.... And as he powered away so hard and fast—“Good luck sealing the darkness!” he called back.
And he was gone.
Man....

CHAMPION DESCENDANT!” Saki yelled again, and I snapped to. “Are you all right?”
I was.

He seemed.... a little full of himself.
Mipha loved me.
Daruk was friendly with me.
Urbosa respected me.
But Revali?
....
I didn’t know what to make of Revali.

He’s neither crazy nor blind, I finally thought in Mr. Harris’ voice.
He’s just vain.
Poor, vain fool....

Harth opened up to me a little more then, too. He told me about Teba, and said that yes, he could be hot-headed, and a little rude. But he and Harth, they looked out for each other.
I.... probably needed to go to bed.
I did. At the Swallow’s Roost. A lady Rito named Cecili checked me in.
“Only stalkoblins are up at this hour, traveler,” she said.
Don’t you know it.
I took the Rito Down Bed for the higher price of 80 rupees. Didn’t often get the softer beds. This one had sound in the blackout. Soft fluffing and even breathing sounds. Ahhhhh.
I woke up with full hearts plus three extra, and an extra stamina wheel.
Naaaaaice.
GOOD NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment