For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Hunt for Red Lizalfos

Waking of Sunday, January 6, 2019


When did I explore the rest of Rito Village? When did I climb the Neck? That tall, distinct spire of rock I had seen from so many angles all over Hyrule....
The weathered yellow stone gave pretty good purchase to stand on and catch my breath at whiles, carved by the wind maybe. One spot near the top even had a large hole that ran right through, making a little tunnel. It was shady, and pleasantly charged in there, with that energy only hikers can find in the little hollows they bond with and break bread with and part with at once.
I climbed right to the crown and walked out to the tip of the beak. It did make for quite a stunning view....
But after playing binocular—monocular—er.... After playing Slate games, at some point I went to the Great Fairy Kaysa, whom I felt I had visited least of all, here in this lastly-mapped frontier, and had her do up my Snowquill Ensemble as far as she could.
We enhanced the entire set three levels, but I was short two red Lizalfos tails before we could reach the fourth.
I wanted these clothes to be strong. I finally had the Wingaling Hat, it looked like I was going into the cold again, and I’d never had anything thicker than my 1-point Warm Doublet to protect me from the frost.
So I warped to the volcano, set my sensor to detect Smotherwing Butterflies in the meanwhile, and got to hunting Red Lizalfos.
Heh. The Hunt for Red Lizalfos. That’d be a good title.
I searched out both critters until I got three more tails, which put me at a total of thirty-one. Kaysa only needed thirty, but I always like to keep at least one spare of anything in my pockets. When I can.
Now I could upgrade my clothes to the fourth level. But.... while I was here.... I decided to stop by Gorko Tunnel to see if I couldn’t solve it and figure out what was behind that giant pile of rock at the end....
That, and.... I’d recently seen David do this.
Gonguron was the name of the mad Goron who had been digging in Gorko Tunnel, and he was still in there. But unlike the other times I had seen him, this time he had completely run out of energy, and was lying flat on his back on the ground. What had been the trigger? I never figured that part out.
At any rate, his big brother Bladon was wondering where he was, and I let him know. Bladon then asked me to fetch a rock roast from a little spot down the hill from the tunnel, near a little lava pool which, I guess, was a good place to cook rock roasts.
What was a rock roast? It was a big hunk of.... rock.... which resembled Raw Gourmet Meat. There were six or seven of them down there.
I made sure to kill the handful of Moblins crowding the path on my way down to the lava pool, but.... I should have known it was never going to be that easy.
Hefting the giant rock roast high over my head, I started the long trudge back up the hill, and lo, the way was an absolute minefield of Moblins, Fire Chuchus, and other nasties no doubt, along with the occasional rumbling of the mountain beneath my feet and the cascading of giant boulders down the hill.
It was basically an uphill, hotter, louder and more crowded version of the Rist Peninsula.
But I made it back to Gorko’s Tunnel all right, rock roast safely in hand.
When I set the roast in the little resident wok per Bladon’s instructions, and Gonguron caught the scent of it cooking, well that perked him up all right. He got up, grabbed the rock and started taking great, thunderous bites out of it. Holy Din, what are their teeth made of? And as soon as he had chowed down, with his renewed strength, he went at the last bit of bedrock in a fat and happy fury, until the wall finally collapsed and the Kayra Mah Shrine was revealed.
The trial inside was called Greedy Hill, and it was an absolute riot of boyish diversion.
Heh.
Okay back to birdland....

No comments:

Post a Comment