For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Basecamp


Waking of Sunday, January 6, 2019 ~ 2


It was so much easier to get to Kaysa now that I could warp directly to the Tabantha Tower. With the Red Lizalfos tails I had collected, I had her do up my Snowquill Ensemble to its highest level! And then.... I think I am set....???? I thought wildly.
Back to Rito Village. I could only explore for so much longer. At length.... I came back to the Painted Landing—now Revali’s Landing—and aligned myself to the snowy clifftops Saki had indicated before. The Flight Range was somewhere over there. The distance looked manageable....
I was ready.
I leapt off the landing and began my paraglide over the lake. But what was my surprise before I even reached the other clifftop shore.... to see Kilton’s Balloon parked down there behind a rock near the edge.
I went to visit with him, taking my time perusing his wares, but he had nothing new.
FORWARD.
The cold pressed in at once, here near the icy coasts of Hebra once more. There was even snow on the ground. But my newly enhanced gear was awesome.
I did have to switch over to my Snow Boots after just a moment, though. If I wanted to move fast. And I did, because DANG I ran into a lot of trouble with mounted Bokoblins, an extraneous Yiga man who really should’ve been at home before his fire, and a number of Stalmoblins. And wolves.
Always the wolves, man....
But thanks to Kaysa, my Snowquill Ensemble was strong as well as warm. I cut and fought and bowled my way across the snow until I made it through to the Sha Warvo Shrine.
Path of Hidden Winds was the trial inside. Tricky!
Onward....
On into Dronoc’s Pass.
The Flight Range would be near here.... I could see the way I needed to go. But.... there was a dwelling over there, just to the north, nestled against the foothills of the mighty Hebra Peaks.
I just went to check it out....
The Hebra Trailhead Lodge this was called. Seemed to be some kind of basecamp.
No one was home, though.
Well, almost no one—there was a book. “Selmie’s Notes”. Selmie had been here?
Oh, she left survival notes, and mentioned that she’d left supplies at the bases of the flagpoles along the trail. That was nice of her. :)
Somebody else added....
“Selmie! Baby! I think I’m a better shield surfer! If I prove it, can we get married?”
And below that, an up arrow, and: “This total loser will never win!”
And then: “I didn’t know what love was until I saw Selmie sliding down the slopes... I can’t believe you retired... Where did you go?”
“Selmie, thank you for leaving the food! I’ll make good use of it here in the hut!”
“I saw some kid north of Coldsnap Hollow! He looked like he was pretty great at shield surfing!”
These must have been notes from other travelers. ^_^
“Selmie, thanks for the food that was left here. It seriously saved my life. I’ll be sure to leave some for the next person.”
“To whoever is reading this, please take as much of the food as you need.”
That was the end.
And well.... given express permission.... I helped myself, too. <3
When I came back outside, there was a dude by a fire.
I could be in the mood.... I approached him.
It was a Traveler all right.
I killed him.
Okay, to the Flight Range....
But....
No, it was late. I’d spent all day combing around this frosty little valley, and the icy night was fast approaching.
I decided instead to sleep in the lodge until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment