For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Friday, May 12, 2023

Journal Of Two Very Specific Worries In Particular

Waking of Friday, June 14, 2019 (comprised of raw note editings from April 5, 2023 through April 17, 2023 that I really hope sound consistent because I left it alone for too long)


Journal Of Two Very Specific Worries In Particular


As I had already gotten it, and was subsequently unafraid of spoilers, I went looking around YouTube for clues regarding the Toto Sah Shrine below Misko’s Cache. I wanted to know whether it would still audibly ping the Sheikah Slate’s sensor while the rocks were still blocking it.

I mean I didn’t see why it wouldn’t.... after all, that Thing Under The Mountain shrine in Akkala had still brreep-brreeped at me.... But I was paranoid....

I found a video about the Necludic shrines. Inadvertently saw the shrine name Lokna Rokee.

Lokna Rokee? .... I didn’t recognize that name. Was that Impa’s Shrine?

But if it was listed here, on this video, then....

Did that mean it wasn’t the last shrine you got?

Did that mean you could get it at any time?


I’d just imagined the final shrine to be.... hidden until you were upon the time of finding it, and then somehow scripted. I’d imagined that.... it must have been a combat shrine. A combat shrine unlike any other.... My mind was pulled away once again to that hole in the pattern beneath the Eldin Great Skeleton. That blasted thumbnail I had seen.... and which STILL cropped up sometimes.... It looked so like the Deplian Badlands....

Hmmmm....

....

I was going to see if I could steal the old lady’s orb and finally put it in its pedestal.


....

I have just had a scary time booting up my console.

When I power it down, I will watch the orange light.

....


Okay, I was in Hateno.


....


It felt.... off, with David and Savannah here just giggling at memes.


I was still in my Gerudo harem-pant pajamas.

I am going to go to Kakariko Village. That’s where I’m going.

But first, it was a brief visit to Fyson in Tarrey Town, for arrows. Then Botrick for arrows again. But oh, Botrick was still sold out. .... Hm, that meant Gerudo Town probably would be too, then.

It was enough.

I warped to Kakariko.

I wanted that ORB....

Walking straight up to it and attempting to grab it didn’t work.

I couldn’t talk either Impa or Paya into giving it to me.

The floor—

These Kakariko houses....

I took careful regard of the exact position of the orb and then.... went outside. The actual ground around Impa’s house was sparser than most, as the structure was nestled in the midst of the waterfall. But in short order I was able to find a foothold big enough to grant me access to the crawlspace under the house. I crouched down, threading my way between the thick support beams.... The orb should have been right about.... there?

I considered the shape of the house, could imagine the steps from the doorway to where Impa sat, envisioned the orb just to the left there.

But the boards under the house all looked the same; nothing hinted at any kind of structural weakness.

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I toggled over to the cubic Bombs in my Slate.

Besides, why would they even have this crawlspace if not for something like this?

I planted the explosive right about where I thought the orb should be, four feet above on its little platform.

“This is your plan?” said David.

I backed up to a safe distance and hit the button, and Ja Baij’s party favor blew out with an electrical sizzling bang in a wide blue radius. I was pretty sure I heard some exclamations of shock from up through the floorboards—

But as the lingering haze cleared away and I moved back in.... I could see that the boards remained undamaged.

Guessed I wasn’t gonna get it that way.

I tried talking to Paya some more. I tried every species of being sneaky and avoiding detection to get close and just take it.... but it never worked.

I found that I could Stasis the thing. But my sword wouldn’t move it.

So I tried planting another Bomb under the house, then Stasising the orb, then blowing the Bomb....

No effect.

....

I was sure scaring these two poor ladies, though.


I tried talking to all the people I could; maybe someone had some information I was lacking. I tried taking pictographs of both the pedestal and the ball; maybe Impa or Paya could add two and two together with a visual aid—

That THUMBNAIL I saw....

The last shrine MUST be at the Eldin Great Skeleton....

These must be the last two shrines.

But how do I get them?


I warped to the Volcano.

Killed some monsters.

Wandered around....

Back at the Great Skeleton I tried the Meteor Rod in the eye socket this time. The fiery globules bounced around insanely for a while like pinballs before burning themselves out.

But.... nothing.

I did get two pieces of Dinraal in the meantime, though.


I’d thought for sure this place looked like that thumbnail.... the wan glare of the grass and the earth, the land falling away in the background, with only the chasm and the distant northlands beyond....

How do I get those shrines....?


Back to Kakariko.

Impa as it turned out was not frightened in the least by my Dark Series outfit.

Nor was Paya.

But Cado was—he drew his blade!

Good old Cado....

How do I get those bloody shrines....

....

There was a book in Impa’s house: the Journal of Various Worries.

Huh.

One of the entries mentioned Pikango, I think, and that he sought the fairy fountain. But that that was “near where the village’s guardian spirit resides”? Or some such words?

I thought the spirit was Cotera....?

And then this was followed by the line “We must not allow the newcomer [Pikango] to know the location of the fountain! Or of the two shrines nearby.”

Two shrines!

I KNEW IT.

I ran outside, but.... no Pikango. Checked the woods, but he wasn’t there either. At least, not around the pedestal of the undiscovered shrine.

Could Pikango tell me something useful the next time he appeared in the village?

Hmm.

I paraglided back down into the village proper, and headed back to Impa’s. Were there any other books around that I hadn’t read yet?

Nothing else of any great import in the main entry hall that I could see.

But maybe....

I padded up the unobtrusive wooden staircase behind where Impa sat, and—

Ah-ha! Paya had a journal!

....

But.... she was there, in the room, in the way of me reading it—my gosh I am nosy.

Well I suppose it was her bedroom after all.

See Paya had been the one to write the very last entry in the Journal of Worries. Something about the heirloom.... that ball....

When can I have it....


I am so tired. I might just go to bed.

Oops I stayed up and watched three more episodes of Parasyte instead.

What am I doing my cough isn’t even fully gone away yet....

2:16 am.

GOOD NIGHT, NEVERLAAAAAND!

*whump*

 


No comments:

Post a Comment