For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Friday, May 12, 2023

Shrine Out Of Time 2.3 - Gifts

Evening of Tuesday, November 17, 2020 (comprised of some raw note editings from April 29 through April 30, 2023 that I really hope sound consistent because I left it alone for too long) ~ 3


Shrine Out Of Time 2.3 - Gifts


It was a Modest Test Of Strength.

And I beat the Guardian.

Passed through the gate.

Looted the treasure chest.

And approached the meditating Monk....


Your triumph over the test of strength

subverts a prophecy of ruin. From the

ashes of Hyrule, a hero rises.


The Monk spoke the familiar words.


In the name of Goddess Hylia, I

bestow upon you this Spirit Orb.


And the Orb emerged from his solar plexus, arced gently across the space between us, and entered into my heart, my face pensive and reverent as ever at these times.

The little fanfare played, and the pop-up popped up: Spirit Orb – A symbol of courage given to those who have overcome the challenges of a shrine.

And I clicked to dismiss it away.

And then it turned.


You have at last conquered all of our

trials.


the Monk said.


Having fulfilled our purpose, we monks

bestow upon you this...

The warrant of the true hero.


You must now depart for the

Forgotten Temple.


A Gift from the Monks – the new quest banner flashed across the top of the screen.

And then, at the last.... the Monk imparted those timeless words....


May the Goddess smile upon you.


And his body evaporated away into that swirling teal mist, borne of an unearthly wind....


And I was made to depart the Final Shrine.



Hahhhhhh.


I’d finally done it.


I had finally found every last Shrine.


!


And it wasn’t even over yet.


The Forgotten Temple....



I did not warp straight inside, but elected instead to warp to the Hebra Stable—Snowfield Stable—approach the Forgotten Temple from the outside and Tanagar Canyon.... and DO THE THING PROPER.

Good times.... sailing through that firestorm....

And this time, behind the Rona Kachta Shrine at the back, standing on the platform before the giant Goddess statue.... were Three Treasure Chests.

But first.... I prayed to the Goddess, and received my final heart container.


I was ready now.


“Should I do this twenty-three-is-number-one style?” I asked the room at large.


Nobody really got it.


But.... I didn’t do it that way after all. I would go.... left.... then right.... then center....



Left....


Tunic of the Wild.


This armor was apparently crafted for a hero who travels in the wilds. Strangely enough, it’s just your size.



Right....


Trousers of the Wild.


Legends say these pants were tailored for a hero who travels the wilderness. Strangely enough, they’re the most comfortable pair of pants you’ve ever worn.


Ah, that sounds fabulous.



And center....


Cap of the Wild


According to legend, this cap was crafted for a hero who travels the wild lands. Wearing it just feels so right.



And I could feel the Spirit of the Hero.


I am the Hero.


They looked great. Agh, they looked classic.

They looked like the Oldest School Link you could think of. Dazzling with more pixels. But still so Pure.

Heh, and there were little .... square-tooth dark bands around the sleeve hems. Just a simple design. Very nice.


I looked great.



To Cotera then!


Good old Cotera.


Hee!

The upgrades were:

Cap – 10 Acorns and 2 Farosh scales

Tunic – 10 Acorns and 2 Naydra scales

Trousers – 10 Acorns and 2 Dinraal scales


Somehow acorns were just.... so perfect.

So cute. ^_^

Basic and pure for the boy in the forest.


~


And now.... I have notated all.... and I am.... very tired.


[And as of 1:17am, Sunday, April 30, 2023, I have now finessed all.... save the last battle....]


Do you know what my new job is?


I am a video game tester.


These horizons are definitely more exciting.


Probably because.... I can barely see them.


I am in the bottom of a jungle valley, and every day is a machete salad.


No, I can’t talk about it.


I signed an NDA.


Maybe I will upgrade Link’s clothes.... another day....


And fight Ganon again....


....like I said I would.


                        Good night.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment