For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Monday, January 21, 2019

Huppenwoop


Waking of Saturday, November 3, 2018 ~ 2


With the controller recharged I started up at the Serenne Stable again, ready to head to the colder climates of the northwest....
But....
....Was there some kind of buzzkill risk? What slowed me down?
I warped away to Cotera instead.
I had her upgrade some of my Desert Voe Gear, not that it would do me much good north of Serenne.... But....
Mmm I wanted to upgrade more things but when you upgrade things it flings them to the back of the closet; didn’t want to max out too many items before I got to my Champion’s Tunic; wanted to max that one out sooner so that all the other items being upgraded and flung to the back would push it forward onto the front page again....
Dratblast it I didn’t have any Naydra horn! I needed Naydra horn to enhance the Champion’s Tunic....
I had tried to set myself up at the perfect launch point to head into the cold northwest and finally fill in my map.
But I wanted that Naydra horn....
I warped to Mount Lanayru instead, and LOITERED.
I was waiting for the dragon, and it took forever. I paraglided down a bit, and then climbed back up and then climbed up on top of the ice pillars and then paraglided some more.... Down the slope of the mountain I stood on a pedestal of ice. Just stood. Lookin’ cool. Swiveling the camera.
“You know,” I said to David, “I’ve seen you, and everybody else, climbing around tall mountains with that friggin’ Wingaling Hat on your heads.” Just something I’d seen from further unintented glimpses.
David briefly gave me a funny look and then, “Oh,” he said knowingly.
“What do you think of me just climbing around in my Ruby Circlet and Warm Doublet?”
He thought for a moment, then said in a chiding voice, “Inefficient.”
“I killed a Lynel in this thing.” I nodded toward the Warm Doublet. “How do you like me now?”
“I said inefficient, not insufficient.”
“Have you ever killed a Lynel in this thing? It’s got, like, one defense.”
“I’ve never killed a Lynel.”
Well that made me feel right hoity-toity.
I climbed around some more, making Link jump and burning my stamina. “Hup! Hup! Woop! Huhn!” said Link.
“Careful you don’t run outta hup,” said David.
Link wooped.
“Or woop,” I said.
“Hupp ‘n woop,” said David.
“Huppenwoop—that sounds like a band. Like.... Steppenwolf. Huppenwoop.”
“Like a band?” David laughed. “Huppenwoop.”
“Why do I know that name? Didn’t they do....?”
“Magic Carpet Ride,” David supplied.
Yeah, yeah, I knew it was something from Star Trek.” I had that soundtrack. Good one.
I made sure not to run out of huppenwoop.
I stood some more, waiting for the dragon. I scoped in to look at the layout of the land, and where Lanayru Road was, and what lay between here and there. I told David about the big gross Hinox snoring away in the place with the pristine-sounding name of Purifier Lake. “Nice,” I sneered.
I looked at the low snowfield in the foothills and the little forested area beyond.
“I could go and kill the Hinox. And kill the Lynel.” I considered.
Gosh!” David burst, “What the heck, I mean you used to be the person that, like.... a speck of dust might move across the screen and you’d be like ‘Oh my gosh what is that run away!’”
“Or that thought a goat was Beast Ganon?” I reminded him with a grin.
“Yes!”
I paraglided down to Lanayru Road a couple of times. I was sure Naydra would make a pass there, or at least I had my suspicions....
And eventually.... HE DID! And I GOT that Naydra Horn! Huzzah! I KNEW he made passes through that valley! I knew that had to be him I’d seen reflected in the microwave door that one time....!

2 comments: