For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A Matter of Presence

Waking of Saturday, November 3, 2018 ~ 3


It would take two shards of Naydra’s horn in order to enhance the Champion’s Tunic, but I decided to just stop at one for now. Waiting for that dragon had taken forever! And I didn’t want to put it off any longer—I went back to Serenne, and I was gonna head north. I was gonna.
I just noticed a few more possible Korok hiding places along the way.... and of course with David watching when the sun went down I had to show him what the Skelesuit did, when the Stalcreatures started popping out of the ground.... It was a disguise! David had had this suit way longer than I’d had it, and he’d never known! And then when I saw the light from that fallen star I had to switch to my Stealth Suit to run there and get it in time, just a little detour.... Whoops, had to watch out for that Lynel beneath Mount Drena.... How long had that been there?
And then here came Dinraal down the canyon.
I ran. Still in my Stealth Suit I ran, moving so fast, giving no time for baddies, my gosh, I had to get there—! And I BARELY made it to the big canyon’s edge to shoot a scale off the dragon’s tail as he curled and twined massively away and out of reach.
I floated down into the canyon to pick it up; that was two of Dinraal’s scales I had now. I could offer one to the Spring of Power....
And with a warp and a short jog—gosh Akkala was such pretty country—I did. And a door back behind the Goddess statue opened up to reveal the Tutsuwa Nima Shrine.
It was a Major Test of Strength. Always a good challenge....
But my controller battery was running low; I opted to wait a bit before defeating the Shrine-Guardian. But once I had, I felt cocky and confident enough to turn my attentions to the three Guardian Flyers in the neighboring Ordorac Quarry. I’d deflected enough bolts from the landbound ones.... I could probably deal with the flyers....
As it turned out it was much more difficult than it seemed. With the Stalkers I could assume an optimal distance away, and time my reaction to the bolt. For me it was easiest when they came in close....
But the Flyers evidently didn’t need to hover in the same distance to blast you. And they swung and weaved beneath their propellers, further complicating the timing, and not even ensuring a deflected bolt would connect!
It was hard. But once I’d started I wanted to see it through. I ended up burning through Daruk’s Protection, breaking a few shields and using more than a few arrows, but in the end I did destroy them all. And the run of the quarry was mine.
Disappointingly, however, there wasn’t much to be found therein. Just a few good ore deposits, which wasn’t entirely unsurprising, but I could find their like anywhere.
The encounter was not a loss, though; I found something else out.
I discovered what makes my sword gleam at odd whiles.
It turned out the whiles weren’t so odd after all. The Master Sword would double in strength, and shine with the power to repel Evil, whenever Evil was in close proximity.
I discovered this when I was maneuvering around the edges of the quarry, making ready to draw the attentions of one of the Flyers. As it moved around its small patrol-circuit, it would come near to me and then move away again, over and over. And the range was just right, so that when I held the Master Sword in my hand and the thing came close.... the sword would KLANG with a ringing that hungered to be thunder, while the blade would light up and shimmer fiercely. And when the Guardian hovered away and out of range again the light would go out, and the sound would sleep.
THIS WAS AMAZING. There was something really cool about it, though also a bit daunting, if not scary.... But I felt a little bit past that kind of dread now, with the Guardians.
I could get close to them....
Also it would be a lie to say all of this did not remind me at least a little bit of Orcrist, Glamdring, and Sting.
Well the Ordorac Quarry was nice, but I didn’t anticipate ever coming back here again after the next Blood Moon. There was ore to be found elsewhere, and this place was too choked with small trees anyway. I swept for Koroks and other treasures, searching round every obstructing hump of unblasted stone.... place shoulda been a lasertag course instead, really....
Where was I? What was I doing....?
....OH YEAH

No comments:

Post a Comment