For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Mysterious Palmorae Disc


Waking of Saturday, October 27, 2018 ~ 3


“Okay, Zuta, lead me to ruins!”
I was back in Lurelin Village, entertaining an eager young child who really wanted to show me something.
We ran northeast along a low shelf of land for a long time, as it started to rain.... until Zuta finally stopped short and said, “Tell Garini I said hi!”
And then he started running back toward the village.
Okay then.
I continued along a little track that led back down to the beach. The sand seemed to extend quite a ways inland here, flooring a deep hollow in the side of the mountain. So these were the Palmorae Ruins. I could see two glowing daises, but not much else was distinguishable through the rain.
I moved closer, and just beyond the daises I saw a man, looking at—
WHAT.
THAT WAS....
THAT LOOKED REMARKABLY LIKE....
NO.
IT COULDN’T—
ASDFGHJKL;
IETHGERJSGHJAEKSGFAEKLR;GJNAEK;NVJLRAEHGUFIAR;EHGIRJ
I made myself remember how far I was from the Arbiter’s Grounds in the desert.
It just looked so remarkably like the Mirror of Twilight at first glance.... broken and everything....
I spoke to the man, Garini. He was studying this ruin closely, trying to decipher the inscription along its circumference. But of course, as the disc was broken and he didn’t have all the pieces.... he was having a hard time. The years of rain and sea-swell had taken their toll on the structure.
So what’s a Hero to do? Of course I agreed to help him—it was a shrine quest! I searched out the three other pieces to take pictographs of them. It was easiest at night, when the markings glowed. But I worked as I could, finding one nearby in the sand, one away to the right amid some rocks in shallow water, and the last one waaaay out on that pointy point of a sandbar I had been to before when I was looking in all the wrong places for Aris Beach.
I studied the markings myself for a good little bit. I wondered what form or forms of Hylian they were.... if any.... Reminded me most of OoT Hylian, though some characters had that flowy, Gerudo look.... Oh I wanted to nerd it all out on Omniglot so bad....
I brought back the pictographs, and Garini deciphered: “When the two find their place and kneel in reverence, then the way will open,” or some such words.
“I haven’t the foggiest what that means,” said Garini.
I did.
I got on the dais on the right and knelt down.
Garini looked at me, “Ah! Is that it?”
He did the same on the other dais.
And we knelt together.... and the shrine appeared! ^_^ The Kah Yah Shrine.
Ah, I love it when the game makes you do such dances....


As of December 12, 2018 I still have not deleted the shard pictographs. The resemblance was just too close! What would possess someone to remove it from the desert to this location? It was a good hiding spot.... Has the internet already looked into this? Augh probably, probably....

No comments:

Post a Comment