For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

It's Barbaric Out There


Waking of Saturday, November 10, 2018 ~ 2



I made just one more dash past the Lynels to get back to the labyrinth, and give it a proper explore.
This was the North Lomei Labyrinth.
Huh. But the Lomei Labyrinth Island was just as northward, wasn’t it?
I didn’t let it bother me. I just made my perfunctory circumnavigation—happily discovering a Korok on the way, in a green-leafed tree that was most out of place here in this frozen wasteland—before stepping over the threshold, and hearing the voice of the monk.
Qaza Tokki addressed me and informed me that his treasure awaited me at the labyrinth’s end....
I went to it. There were some Lizalfos nests in here, some of them SERIOUS. And more Malice. But this time, I actually FOUND AN EYEBALL. I shot it, and a few of the magenta pools evaporated to reveal some extra treasure chests.... neat!
It was a cool maze, and quite difficult! I had to look beyond the lateral to solve it.... But at length I finally came to the Qaza Tokki Shrine, where the monk simply granted me his Blessing.
And inside the treasure chest.... Here it comes, I thought.... OuO
BARBARIAN LEG WRAPS!
I HAD THE SET!  ><
OH IT LOOKED SO COOL!
Aahh! Time to hit up the Great Fairies! .... Later.
I went back to the stable, and thought about climbing more of the icy hills on the other side of the snowfield, but.... it was late.
I satisfied myself with listening to a few bedtime stories from Old Man Monkton, who told me the tragic tales of his childhood friends Harry and Mary. They had always been warned of the dangers of going near the maze and the nearby canyon ruins. But one day Monkton urged Harry to go into the maze as a sort of test of courage. He never saw Harry again. He said the mere memory still breaks his heart to this day. And Mary? One day she and Monkton went to the canyon to get a glimpse of the ruins. But Mary lost her footing and in the blink of an eye she slipped and tumbled down the cliff. Monkton never saw her again. He said that memory would haunt him to his dying day.
He said he guessed children have no real sense of danger, and that innocent curiosity can sometimes cause tragedies that can never be taken back. But as he grew older, he learned to overcome his grief over losing them, saying that you can’t change the past, only the future.
I was pretty shocked at how.... dark this was turning! Until Monkton went on to say, “Harry and Mary never made it back, but two of their descendants are in that stall over there. My only friends out in these parts were horses, you see. I suppose that’s still true to this day.”
....Oh.
They were horses.
Well that made it.... a bit more bearable I guess. XD
Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment