For clarification, spoiler avoidance, or if you're just new here, CLICK BELOW for the first post:

Breath of the Wild ~ a Log / CONTENTS [[+Artwork]]

Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Fleeting Career of Mr. Jingles


Waking of Saturday, November 10, 2018


I WAS GONNA GET THAT STALHORSE!
I set out from the Snowfield Stable in the morning, and fortunately it took me all day to climb the mountain, kill the baddies on top and find and suffice that golf-Korok. And when the world went dark, I sailed down past the Lynel toward the maze and.... there were no stalhorses there.
I dashed past the Lynel and back to the snowfield. No stalhorses anywhere.
Um.
“Where’d you see it, David?”
“By the maze.”
Huh.
Okay.
I slipped back past the Lynel ONE MORE TIME.... And found a stalhorse. Excellent. I knocked off its rider, tamed it, and took it back to the stable....
And as ever and always, the stablehand at the counter blindly asked if I wanted to register my new mount.
“Yes!” Oh please oh please oh please.... XD I was already thinking of possible names, and for some reason could not banish the thought of calling him “Mr. Jingles”....
“Uh,” the stablehand pulled up short, “that’s a monster, not a horse!”
Dang it! XD
“I’m sorry but we can’t board that... thing, here. It might eat the other horses.”
XD Well, couldn’t say I hadn’t been expecting that response....
I tried to interact with the skeletal horse for a while. The other residents were certainly reacting to him already, the people starting in shock at the sight of him, and the dog darting away in fear.
I dropped some carrots on the ground, but the stalhorse ignored them. Next, reminding myself just a bit of Harry Potter, I tried some meat. The stalhorse ignored this too. But the dog didn’t. He came hopefully padding up to where it lay on the ground, but I picked up the treat before he could get it, and he bounded away again.
I didn’t know what else to do, and so simply remounted and walked in sedate meanderings for a while, admiring the lightening scenery about the stable. I stayed with Mr. Jingles until the sun came up, whereupon he bucked me off.... and died.
David was horrified at the sight and sound of it.
I was just another horse short.
Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment